- My name is Brooke, hence the name “Bookester” (yes yes, I’m sooo clever)
- I’ve been a bookworm throughout my life and my passion is writing about great literature
- My dream is to get my PhD in American literature and while I’m not sure what I want to specialize in, here are some of my inclinations:
- Native American literature
- Modernism/The Lost Generation/Hemingway (I love these books more than most, but there are so many scholars in this area already, cha feel?)
- American Writers in World War I
- You’ll notice a lot of classic literature on my blog, and that’s because I prefer the good old classics over contemporary literature
- All quotes, thought pieces, and journal entries come from books I’ve read
- I would never write about something I’ve never read and I would feel lazy if I posted quotes from books I haven’t read.
- This is NOT a spoiler-free nor profanity-free blog
- My intention with this blog is to use it as a reading journal for myself, honest thoughts and all.
- I obsessively collect quotes on the Quotable app, which is how I have so many on hand